Monday, February 25, 2013
I am beginning the countdown to retirement from Ingham ISD. I only have 5 official weeks left before I contract back to them in the future. I look forward to all the new opportunities I will have (or hope to have) in the education field. I may be leaving Ingham ISD, but I won't be leaving instructional technology education. There are so many neat projects going on. We have http://21things4students.net that we are adding Common Core quests too. I will be spending my first week off in April working on this project!
Meeting with MDE to discuss the 22i grant tomorrow and the revisions they would like us to make. More will follow on this. I am very excited to be a part of this project and to make a difference statewide in getting students and teachers prepared for online assessments as well as ensuring they are proficient in 21st Century technology skills.
I am enjoying my current MSU CEP 810 class! This is a shout-out to those of you in my class reading this. You all are great and producing some great projects.
It was sad to make the retirement announcement to my REMC 13 Ad Council members. Many of them have been my friends for the 20 years I have been in Ingham county. Change is hard, but hopefully good things will happen though they are not replacing my position with anyone. It is simply monetary and s sign of the times. It still makes it hard as I do believe the resources we provide will not be used without the training involved that I have done for years in this position.
AS I learn more details about 22i and the transition for REMC 13, I will let everyone know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment