Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday's thoughts...

I am getting more nervous as each day goes by. I have so many new opportunities to take advantage of, but at the same time it is difficult to leave a familiar environment. My husband and I went out tonight and I bought myself a new laptop as I won't have the advantage of having technology at my fingertips anymore from work. I will miss the tech support too! So much to do in such a little time. I need to move 100s maybe 1000s of files so I can still have access to them. They are such an integral part of what I do and maybe I will be able to delete them in time, but right now they still feel familiar. I will still be involved in the three 21 Things Projects and we are starting a new one for iPads. The 22i grant just gets more and more exciting. Today was working with the BAA and MAC and talking about how we can integrate what they are doing with assessments and their pilots. Why reinvent the wheel? They have the knowledge and modules that we can use to teach teachers how to write good assessments to use with their students. Am finishing up CEP 810 this week and am really enjoying watching and reading their Special Interest Group Projects. I still have access to ones that were created in 812 years ago and while they were good for their time, what is being produced is truly quality work. What will we see in 3-5 years? We never imagined the technology we are using now 3-5 years ago. I still marvel at my two year old granddaughter learning the things she is learning. She was just last week learning how to manipulate a catapult to enable a character to fly. What two year old learns the word catapult and how to use one? Only with an iPad! Check out my Tweets @mjwhite61 and you can see all the presentations that I have tweeted this week! Great job class.

No comments:

Post a Comment